Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FOXNews.com: Rubio Addresses Reports He's Out of 'Veepstakes'

FOXNews.com
FOX News Channel - We Report. You Decide. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Rubio Addresses Reports He's Out of 'Veepstakes'
Jun 20th 2012, 04:44

This transcript is automatically generated

governor met Ronnie says the media is it wrong and contrary to reports the governor says senator Marco Rubio is being vetted for the Republican ticket.

So what does senator rubio had to say about a possible vice presidential run we asked him.

Yeah see you didn't see.

How big day today Alan first to report this morning from ABC news that you are not and the -- not on the shore lets me vice president for governor around -- Then by the end of the day out governor Romney speaks out -- about the C says.

Marco Rubio rubio is being thoroughly vetted as part of our process hasn't -- been.

It's an interesting day out.

You know look I don't want to talk about the process I have enough to this point it's governor Romney's process and down.

I wanna be respectful of that I think all of us should be of all of us involved in politics should be respectful of his process because he has an important choice to me he's gonna make a great choice I'm confident of that and them.

But I think out of respect for what he's going through and then in the processor running -- a policy of not talking about it when you could -- has been a little bit of a crazy day for you just have to pay out well you know again obviously from the guys that work forming and we've been busy voting on the senate floor and -- they're talking about -- book so obviously you hear it from time to time but done.

It looked it's just all part of the process it's been in a -- it's quite been quite an interest in right around here of the last few months.

We actually talked to the governor today I have not -- not attend the question of immigration on the present is.

Has set signed an executive order from about -- about immigration wrote a certain segment of our society you agree displeased with.

I don't agree how he did it that's for sure and I wanna say that I think there is a consensus and I've talked about this review and others.

That we do want to help young people who are undocumented through no fault of their own have graduated high school have very good grades have a -- contribute to the future.

We have to help -- the right way we also have an illegal immigration problem in this country.

And it's a significant one and so the balance we're trying to strike is how do you help these kids.

Who need the help but how do you do it in a way that doesn't.

Encourage illegal immigration that's not an easy balance but we have to get that right because otherwise you could have some very significant unintended consequences.

Unfortunate the way the president's done this there is no discussion he's basically by fiat shoving this down the throat of the American people.

And more importantly he's ignoring the constitution ignoring the congressional process.

I know I get frustrated with congress but that doesn't mean I'm about to ignore the republic because I haven't really good idea that I think everybody else should see -- the way I -- I think that's really the problem through practical point of view.

What the president has done is -- to make it harder for us to arrive at a reasonable bipartisan.

Balanced approach.

To these kids' situation -- and I think it's gonna.

In the short term I know a lot of these kids will be happy because they're desperate for a solution but in the long term what they really and is a long term solution this is gonna make it harder to find -- Is seat president signed the executive -- this is it an unlawful exercise of power was an unconstitutional.

-- Well I certainly think it ignores the constitution but -- constant -- day saints -- politely and that it was unconstitutional let me say the president believes it was unconstitutional but so long ago and something obviously -- in this -- I think is probably the proximity of the elections.

That is willing to do something like this.

You know.

Here are lawyer what do you think well I I think that it borders on unconstitutional I think that it certainly may even very well be even before him and the reason that's not that I don't wanna tell you at a time constitution as -- probably gonna conclude that it is.

But but I think it's a strong statement from then before I say that I should obviously study all the applications a lot of -- that's exactly the case play puts it this way.

I think it ignores the constitution I certainly don't think it's something that's constitutionally defense and one on and I think he had reached that conclusion.

And I think I believe that after I'm fully done analyzing the situation I think all of us are gonna arrive at a conclusion that this is unconstitutional do you think.

In the next 282 years -- who was president then we'll finally have -- some definitive.

Policy immigration policy this country because.

Right now some people are upset that the borders are being secure other people upset because people have gained tossed out -- in people all over the board and us.

Well I hope so but this is made it harder.

Because it's just poison the well and I think it's changed the dynamic of this and and what's to stop the president now won and indeed he can go on and decide not to enforce the immigration -- at -- and in some -- that's exactly was done before.

We got to this point.

Look this immigration issues complicated it's not an easy issue.

On the one hand is a real human element to -- I mean the vast majority of people that are here undocumented.

Are here because they're in search of a better life for their families on the other hand we can't be the only country in the world that doesn't have immigration laws that -- And I think we also have to remind people -- we are the most generous country in the world on legal immigration.

A million people -- immigrate to the United States legally what other country in the world even comes close.

And there are millions of people waiting to enter this country legally they waited in line is paid the fees.

What we tell them come -- legally it's cheaper and faster those are valid concerns as well.

Those two things have to be balanced and and and I and I think that's a hard thing to do wind takes time to arrive at that point.

But I think when he does these sorts of actions ignore the constitution.

And in -- the congress the president makes it harder for us to come together and work on this issue and responsible way -- thank you --

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.